FOOD & DIET
* And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." Genesis 1:29
* A healthy diet should consist largely of fresh fruits and vegetables, grains, and nuts. Simplicity - the simpler the meal the better.
"Statistical studies combined with increased scientific knowledge of the immune system have proven the superiority of the vegetarian diet. The diet has been shown to be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of many diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, stroke, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, cataracts, urinary infections, asthma, kidney failure, kidney stones, serious infectious illnesses, and mental health. Vegetarians have been shown to have greater longevity, superior muscular endurance, less chronic diseases, less utilization of health care facilities including hospitals, and less need for medications." Proof Positive pg 540
* When possible avoid all refined or processed foods such as white flour, white sugar, polished rice, pearled barley, degerminated corn meal, or other things that are extracted or concentrated. Our Creator God knew just how much roughage, vitamins, and minerals are needed to enable the body to utilize the foods properly. Keep away from all foods that are chemically colored, flavored, preserved, or stabilized because chemicals are foreign to the body and cannot be assimilated by it unless they have first prepared by the plant for assimilation. Whole foods are the very best.
"Therefore with joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day ye shall say, Praise the Lord!" Isaiah 12:3-4
"Water is the most abundant compound in the body. No plant or animal, including the human, can live very long without it. Water is of critical importance in all physiologic processes in the body tissues. Water carries substances to and from the cells and makes possible the essential processes of absorption, exchange, secretion, and excretion." The Human Body in Health & Disease pg 17
* Drink 8-10 glasses of fresh water daily
* The best time to drink water is in the morning and between meals. Allow 1 1/2 hours to elapse after eating and 1/2 hour before the next meal.
* Drinking during meals dilutes the digestive juices and this excess fluid has to be absorbed to enable normal digestion to take place. So it is best not to drink anything during meals.
"In health and in sickness, pure water is one of heaven's choicest blessings. Its proper use promotes health. It is the beverage which God provided to quench the thirst of animals and man. Drink freely, it helps to supply the necessities of the system, and assists nature to resist disease." Health and Happiness p. 167
* The body needs physical exercise to benefit every organ and to promote circulation.
*Exercise for 20-30 minutes at least 5 days a week
*Benefits of Exercise: boosts the immune system, strengthens bones, boosts energy, helps prevent control diabetes, helps control obesity, decreases risks of certain cancers, helps control anxiety, treats depression, beneficial to mental health and well-being, improves symptoms of Alzheimer's, improves stress coping mechanism
"In order to have good blood, we must breathe well. Full, deep inspirations of pure air, which fill the lungs with oxygen, will purify the blood. Fresh air imparts a bright color to the blood and sends it out as a life-giving current to every part of the body. A good respiration soothes the nerves; it stimulates the appetite and renders digestion more perfect; and it induces sound, refreshing sleep...The lungs are constantly throwing off impurities, and they need to be constantly supplied with fresh air. Impure air does not afford the necessary supply of oxygen, and the blood passes to the brain and other organs without being vitalized. Hence the necessity of thorough ventilation." The Ministry of Healing
"Other research further underscores the fact that fresh—negatively ionized—air helps to keep our mood buoyant and positive." Proof Positive
* Take frequent deep breaths of fresh air
* Ventilate your indoor environments with fresh air
* Fresh air is wonderful and enjoy it as much as you can
"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
* Daily rest/sleep (7-9 hours each night)
"If you do not feel wide awake and energetic throughout your waking hours, you are likely sleeping too little. And if that is your problem, you are not alone. In the U.S., fatigue is one of the 10 most common reasons for visiting a physician. In fact, each year 3.3 million Americans visit their doctors for insomnia alone. Yes, problems with inadequate sleep are exceedingly common in our nation. The evidence suggests that as many as 60 percent of Americans have some problems relating to their sleep habits."
"Both short-term and long-term sleep deprivation can affect your resistance to disease. Losing even three hours of sleep on a given night can cut in half the effectiveness of your immune system." Proof Positive
* Weekly rest "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest" Exodus 23:12
"In America, it
is not uncommon for people to put in a seven-day workweek. Many do this
repetitively and do not seem to suffer for it. However, the medial
evidence suggests that there may be both long-term and short-term
consequences to such a practice. Just as the body has a natural daily
clock (circadian rhythm), it also has a weekly clock (circaseptan rhythm).
Circa-septan rhythms are just that: body rhythms that run about seven days
* Recreation: take time to get away from work, physical tensions, and mental stress of life
* Meditation & Prayer: "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Hearken unto my voice in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up" Psalms 5:1-3
"O how I love Thy law! it is my meditation all the day" Psalm 118:97
"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice." Psalm 55:17
"Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun." Ecclesiastes 11:7
"Sunshine has gotten a bad rap. It is true that excessive ultraviolet light from sunshine can increase the risk of skin cancer and cataracts, but judicious amounts of sunshine can be extremely beneficial. For example, sunshine can play a critical role in helping to prevent osteoporosis. Sunlight, you will recall, is able to convert cholesterol into vitamin D, an essential factor in maintaining good bone health."
"Research now suggests that judicious sun exposure and the production of vitamin D may also help to prevent certain types of cancer. Colon cancer is one of the malignancies that sunshine exposure may help to prevent. Researchers at the University of Washington studied cancer rates in nine different areas of the United States. They discovered that men from Southern states had much less colon cancer than Northerners.78 For example, when compared to men living in New Mexico, men in Michigan, Connecticut, and Washington had colon cancer rates 50 to 80 percent higher." Neil Nedly, MD Proof Positive
Word of Truth Radio Home