Yes, it does!
Here is an overview:
Events that begin the 1000 years:
1. Jesus returns For His saints.
2. Devastating earthquake & hail.
3. Righteous dead are resurrected.
4. Living righteous are caught up to meet the Lord in the air.
5. Wicked are slain by the Lord's coming.
6. Satan is bound
7. Righteous ascend to heaven.
Conditions during the 1000 years:
1. Saints in heaven participate in the judgment of wicked.
2. Earth is in devastation & total darkness.
3. No people are alive on earth.
4. Satan & his angels are forced to remain on earth.
Events at the close of the 1000
1. Jesus returns WITH His saints.
2. Holy city descends upon the Mt of Olives.
3. Wicked are resurrected & Satan loosed.
4. Satan persuades the wicked to attack the holy city.
5. Wicked are judged.
6. Fire from heaven destroys attackers & purifies earth.
7. God creates new heavens & a new earth.
This is what the Bible says:
At the Beginning of the 1000
- Jesus promises to return.
- Jesus will come back in the exact same way that He left.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- The righteous dead will be resurrected & will, along with the righteous
living, ascend to meet Jesus in the sky.
- Righteous will dwell with God in heaven for 1000 years.
John 5:28-29, Revelation 20:5
- There will be 2 resurrections: the resurrection of life & resurrection of
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
- Righteous will be changed & given immortality.
- Righteous will be given glorious bodies just like Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:8, 2:8, Rev.
19:11-21 - The wicked are
destroyed with the brightness of His coming.
Revelation 16:18, 20-21
- Great earthquakes & hail shall fall.
- Satan will be bound for 1000 years.
During the 1000 years...
2 Peter 2:4
- The chains are chains of darkness. Satan is bound to a desolate
earth with no one to tempt (all are dead or gone to heaven).
- Earth is desolate (without form & void) with no one inhabiting it.
Jeremiah 25:33 -
Slain of the Lord shall not be buried.
- The righteous dwell with God in Heaven for 1000 years. Sitting on
thrones, they participate in Judgment.
1 Corinthians 6:2
- The saints shall judge the world. (They will not decide who is saved or
lost, because this will already be determined by God. They will simply
confirm the fairness of Gods judgments.)
At the close of the 1000 years...
Revelation 20:5 (1st part)
- The resurrection of the wicked to receive their final reward occurs after
the 1000 years.
- Satan is loosed out of his prison to lead the resurrected wicked in a
final attack against God.
- God's throne appears. The attack on the city of God is stopped.
The wicked are judged from the books where all their works have been
- The wicked will freely admit that God has been fair & just & did all
He possibly could to save them, but they chose to reject His salvation.
- After this confession, the sin issue will be forever settled & all whose
name is not found in the Book of Life is cast into the lake of fire.
- God creates a beautiful new world and He will dwell with His people
forever in the Holy City, New Jerusalem.
--Thanks to Dianne McFadden
for answering this question! As Christians, we have so much to look
forward to: Jesus is coming back to take us to the homes He has prepared for
us and then after the 1000 years, He will re-create this sinful planet into
a beautiful sin-free world! Praise the Lord!!