Author Topic: Nostalgia Overload  (Read 262 times)

Offline Shao'sil

• Ex-member
  • Visitor
Nostalgia Overload
« on: January 30, 2023, 09:56 AM »
Holy cow guys. I'm not sure if anyone remembers me, I wasn't one of the most prominent members or anything, but I do remember some of the names. Something reminded me of this clan today and imagine my surprise to find the forums still accessible!

Where to even begin? I can't believe it's been 15+ years since I spent so much time playing JK2 with everyone. Looking back, I (and I'm sure many others) was a completely different person! Full of cringe and many other things lol, it was painful reading over some of my old posts. I still use the online name Shaosil, which originated from this clan! I think it was a rework on my original name, SilentShaolin.

I'm sitting here just remembering all the RP I used to do. True RP isn't really my thing anymore, but I certainly still enjoy video games as often as I can. I recall spending hours in the academy map, chilling, chatting, doing the jumping challenges, dueling (oh the duels), listening to the music and thinking it was just the best thing ever. I used to try to make my own maps, never really got anywhere with it apart from small levels but it was fun. I once spent 45 minutes tying up the phone lines downloading the dev tools and worrying someone was going to call (I wasn't supposed to have access to internet).

How things have changed! Been married for 12ish years, have a couple kids (7 and 3 currently), a house (with too many toys), and just who could have thought, right? I could go on, but I'm feeling old now at 34. I think I joined this clan when I was 19, oof.

I doubt anyone will catch this post honestly, I myself haven't logged in for years. But on the off chance you're here, give me an update about yourself! How is life treating you? Covid sure changed things too, among many other world events...

By the way, if anyone does remember me and wants to keep in touch, I have a low-key Discord server where me and a few friends chat about random nonsense, and play games together once in a while. It's here if you're interested.

=======================================
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand
-Confucius

Offline *<JO>*Rando Tantra

• Spectre
  • Outer-Rim Citizen
Re: Nostalgia Overload
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 08:50 AM »
Hey!

Some of us do still check the forums from time to time, I recently posted a bit about what's been going on with me. That said, I think it would be cool to set up a JO specific discord if there was any interest. Keep in mind that 'guests' can currently hit your invite link!

Sounds like things have been going well for you! Don't hesitate to keep checking in :)

Rando // Nolan

Offline Shao'sil

• Ex-member
  • Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 07:56 AM »
Hi there! I don't remember details but I definitely remember your name popping up quite a lot in the forums when I browsed them years back, good to hear from you!

Honestly I'd be interested in a JO Discord, even if it was inactive, it would be a good place to connect with everyone when needed. I'd join for sure.

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand
-Confucius

Offline *<JO>*Alpha

• Grand Councillor
  • Jedi Order Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 05:34 AM »
Hey Shao'sil!

It's unsurprising that we can look back and cringe at what we posted. I was in my early teens when I joined, and like you I'm in my thirties now... so, as you can imagine I also roll my eyes at things I posted hahaha. You're in good company!

Life's otherwise keeping on for me too, the usual stuff. No kids yet, but looking increasingly likely to be soon.

Really good to hear from you! Saw Rando's mentioned a JO discord. Let's get in on it.

Also known as 'Master Atticus'.

• Spectre
  • Outer-Rim Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 10:29 PM »
I quickly threw one up, and can work on it more as we go! Hit me up if you're interested.

Offline *<JO>*PannTher

• Ghost
  • Republic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 03:40 PM »
What a fantastic post and so awesome to read!

Imagine how crazy it is for me?! I was in my early 20s and now I'm 43! I have three kids, oldest is 15 haha.

I also reminisce on the days gone and really miss them. It was a unique community with very like minded people who enjoyed the same things. I REALLY wish a game like that would come out again as I would for sure play it.

Thanks Rando for the message. I would love to get on a discord chat.

I don't have a whole lot of time to game like many of us now, but would sure like to.

I also appreciate that this forum is alive and well and hope it remains so for a long time to come. I am ok to help financially if required.

Thanks for the messages! I love hearing from people!

PannTher

• Spectre
  • Outer-Rim Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 08:54 PM »
Hit that link I PM'd you and join up Master Pann! I am pretty sure I've twisted Master Mene's arm hard enough to get him to join too. We'll see!